Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup
Paul’s top recipe for this week is Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup. Perfect for these cold winter evenings!!
We hope you enjoy it! Let us know what you think.
Quick & Easy Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup
Ingredients – Serves Approx. 6
1 Good Size Red Onion
2 Celery Sticks
2 Medium Carrots
1 Large Sweet Potato
1 Cup Lentils
2 Bay Leaves
1 Garlic Clove
1 TBS Pataks Curry Paste
1 TSP Garam Masala
1 TBS Tomato Puree
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fry diced onions & chopped Leek, Celery & Carrots in 2 TBS of Vegetable Oil for 3-4 minutes, until soft, but not brown, on a medium heat.
- Add bay leaves, curry paste, garlic & lentils. Stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Add a litre of water and the stock cube. Followed by the diced sweet potato, chopped fresh tomato, tomato paste and garam masala. Bring to the boil and simmer for approx. 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and season.
- After a few minutes, remove the bay leaves and blend until smooth (use either a processor or stick blender).
- Serve with chopped fresh coriander & warm naan bread.